Search 简体 Wechat
Home > Past and Present

Old photos of Guangzhou's renowned places | Updated:2018-07-31

The front of Guangzhou Railway Station, which began operations on April 10, 1974. [Photo/]

The square at Guangzhou Railway Station in the early 1980s. [Photo/]

This photo of the China Import and Export Fair Complex, or the Canton Fair Complex, was taken in 1974, the year the building was finished. [Photo/]

Baiyun Hotel, which was built in 1976 on a construction area of 59,100 square meters. [Photo/]

Haizhu Park. The two sides of the Pearl River used to be the main urban areas of Guangzhou. Row after row of high-rise buildings dominated by department stores were built along the river. Haizhu Park is a kind of "island" in the middle of the river. [Photo/]

Qilou, or arcade houses, are signature buildings of old Guangzhou. [Photo/]

Construction of Haizhu Bridge began in 1929 and was completed in 1932. [Photo/] 

Copyright © Foreign Affairs Office of Guangzhou Municipal Government,
Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of Guangzhou Municipal Government All rights reserved.
Presented by China Daily.