Recently, Guangzhou Municipal Science and Technology Bureau published a notice about identifying high-end and professional foreign talent.
According to the notice, high-end foreign talent (category A) includes scientists, leading science and technology (S&T) talent, international entrepreneurs, special talent, and other foreign high-end talent urgently needed for China's economic and social development.
Foreign talent meeting one of the following conditions (uninclusive) will be identified as high-end (category A):
1. The winner of S&T and patent award at provincial or ministerial level or above
2. Professor (researcher) or associate professor (associate researchers) of high-level university at home and abroad or with middle-level or above management position in science institutions
3. Former high-level leaders of international maritime organizations
Foreign professional talent (category B) includes foreign professionals who meet the requirements of the Guiding Catalog and Positions for Foreigners Working in China, fulfilling the urgent demands of China's economic and social development.
Foreign talent meeting one of the following conditions(uninclusive) will be added to foreign professional talent (category B):
1. Foreign talent with senior managerial or technical positions of the top 500 Chinese enterprises, unicorn enterprises, and little giant enterprises (identified by the provincial economy and information technology bureau,) and key research centers (identified by the relative bureaus)
2. The specialist who meets the condition on the Catalogue of Industries for Encouraging Foreign Investment
3. Foreign talent whose wage is six times or higher than the local citizen's average wage last year
Copyright © Foreign Affairs Office of Guangzhou Municipal Government,
Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of Guangzhou Municipal Government All rights reserved.
Presented by China Daily.